Saturday 27 June 2015

Father's Day Wallet

 For Father's Day I decided to make my dad a gift. I searched and searched on the Internet until I found a brilliant tutorial on how to make a wallet.

I started and it all went well. I decided to make the interior out the fabric of my curtains (some of the fabric was left over after my nan made them) and the exterior out of a jean leg. The fabrics went really nicely together and I would happily have made it for myself! I think I'll have to make one for me at some point.

I started off my top stitching a fold in the pockets and I had to unpick it a bit because the line of stitches was so wonky. I got there eventually and then I sewed them together and added the interior piece.

The interior of the wallet
 Next up was attaching all that the denim exterior. It didn't go to well at the beginning because I sewed the interior bit up the wrong way twice! There was a lot of unpicking involved in this project. I did finally get there though.

The outside of the wallet
 This wasn't in the instructions but I wanted to add a strap. For this I sewed two pieces of fabric together and turned them. Then I zig-zagged the gap and used a glue gun to stick
the side down. I used a snap fastener as the fastener.

No comments:

Post a Comment